[3830] WPX SSB TM5C(@F6CTT) M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB TM5C(@F6CTT) M/S HP
From: richard.riley@exitelecoms.com (richard.riley@exitelecoms.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 01:48:11 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: TM5C
Operator(s): F6CTT F5NLY F6ARC F5VCO F4SGU
Station: F6CTT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: F6CTT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   12
   80:  318
   40:  504
   20: 1528
   15: 1289
   10: 1572
------------

Club: Les Nouvelles DX

Comments:

no cluster access...

with the new MULT ruling this is true M/S!  Thanks Steve! We were only 2.5 ops
in 2001 so didn't exploit this to the full, this year the team was ready.  The
noise from a local 20KV line had gone, the strategy was set...we would bury our
own European record!

and then the contest started and the RUN rate told us is was gonna be a long
weekend!

the MULT stations had a tremendous impact on morale however during day 1 so we
plugged away although never really achieving what we'd seen in WW and ARRL...

some good openings to JA am and pm gave us a great mult total boost but the
average condx made the RUN station hard work.

mult hunting on sunday became a real tough task as we begged GIs,EIs,F9s,7Xs to
work us and a few more...my life was at risk as I edged onto 3799 in the dying
hours to charm Pascal GI4VKS for a new one...

only minutes earlier had he called "CQ DX - no contest!"

this is M/S - this is fun!  Thanks to all that worked us and helped us to a new
European claimed high.

73 F5VCO on behalf of the TM5C team