[3830] WPX SSB W1CTN SOSB15 QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W1CTN SOSB15 QRP
From: darruzza@snet.net (darruzza@snet.net)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:52:36 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W1CTN
Operator(s): W1CTN
Station: W1CTN

Class: SOSB15 QRP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  143
   10:
------------

Club: Connecticut Radio Society - W1CRS -

Comments:

Equipment: FT-1000MP at 3 watts output
           Classic 33 @ 45'
           A4S @ 25' SA/Caribbean

No real time to play in this contest, so I decided to play the QRP game.
It was a challenge at times and the A4S did not work as good as my old TA32.

Best DX was FO8DX and worked CN8NK, HC8N back to back.

No poor sportsmanship noted and lots of loud signals with good ears.

This contest really shows the need for multiple antennas as signals are from
all compass points. Starting to go for trapless antennas to minimize the trap
losses.

Hope to be in the CW test.

73 from Radio Ansonia...
Dave W1CTN