[3830] EU Sprint CW 9A6XX LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint CW 9A6XX LP
From: hrle@online.hr (hrle@online.hr)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:15:23 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, CW

Call: 9A6XX
Operator(s): 9A6XX
Station: 9A6XX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Istra
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   35     0:50
   40:   34     0:40
   20:   41     1:20
---------------------
Total:  110   Total Score = 110

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

TS440S/100w + wires
Exchange: # LEE
This was a good one for me even only for 2:50 hours.
Used 9A6XX call as I already used 9A7P callsign for 3 other contests :-)
30 QSOs in Holyland DX, 75 QSOs in YU DX and 2 GACW QSOs.

20m had poor condx but even because of that managed to get
some DXs K1KI/JA3YPL.
I really had a bad time on 20m...
1st prob> 5 mins before contest I noticed there's no software for EU Sprint
on my main computer so had to switch on the 2nd computer, as I didnt
had diskette in the shack to move it on main one. 2nd computer brought me lot
of
VF problems so I was not able even to think about touching keyboard while
TXing.
2nd prob> With the software I used I couldnt do any CW free keying (ALT+K in CT)
and everytime I wanted to ask NR or NAME I had to change F3 memory line, and
that has to be done more then fast.
3rd prob> after about an hour of real pain with software lightnings and rain
started and in the next 10 mins I was watching sparks comming out of my coaxes.
At the moment I even tought my RX blew off and I said this is it, 40 qsos and
see you next year.

Went back home, had dinner, watched Sudendly Susan show on TV and then the rain
stoped. I decided to go back to give out few more points. When I got back
I was surprised how good 40 and 80m sounded. There was very little level
of noise and QSOs started to go very well considering QRM of 4 contests on air
at the very same time (specialy some very big only russian contest !? whoa!).
Too bad I came too late on 40m and already everybody were switching to 80m.
Never worked that many 80m QSOs so easly in Sprint.

Spring series of EU Sprint were in sign of Italy. I wkd many I stations. Was a
good to italian language pratice on SSB and easy going qsos.

Too bad this aint as big event as the NA Sprint is!

See you in Autumn with less Murphy I hope!

73s de Hrle, 9A6XX
Website: http://rkp.ice.hr/hrle
Email: hrle@online.hr