[3830] FLaQP N4PK SOABMixed LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] FLaQP N4PK SOABMixed LP
From: pekjr@tampabay.rr.com (Paul Knupke, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:11:13 -0400
2002 FLORIDA QSO PART
CALL: N4PK
CATEGORY: SINGLE OPERATOR, LOW POWER, MIXED MODE
LOCATION: PINELLAS (PIN) COUNTY

     band   CW QSOs    CW pts     Ph QSOs    Ph pts
      40          0         0           0         0
      20         49       196         185       370
      15          8        32         151       302
      10          1         4           4         8
     TOTAL       58       232         340       680

     ( 912 ) QSO points  X  ( 83 ) Multipliers  =  75,696 points

I've worked every FQP since the FCG took it over.   Even though it
wasn't a full time effort (spent Sat evening with the YL, and had some
other interruptions) I think I did pretty decent.  I estimate about
11-12 hours of on time.

I would like to thank everyone who was patient with my CW.   I am not
very fast and I don't decode multiple calls coming at me very well.  So
thanks for the many repeats!   I did all but 8 or so CW QSOs on Sunday.
I really need to continue to work on getting better with my CW!   I'm
still a wanna-be CW op.

15 was the place to be on Saturday, while 20m was the place to be on
Sunday.   10m pretty much stunk up the joint.  I worked N6MU on a fluke.
He had moved NY4N to 10m and was calling for him and I slid in a contact
(thanks John!) for my only non FL 10m QSO.

It was somewhat hard to find a place to run on 20 meters phone at times.

Pinellas County was very well represented this year.  We've come a long
was since the first year when I went /M with K4OJ and no logs from
Pinellas County were even submitted!   This year besides myself the St.
Pete ARC (W4GAC) was all over the place with about 800Qs (about 50/50
CW/PH split!)   N4GI split his time between his home station and W4GAC.
I also worked K4NW (whose barely past a year since he received his
license) and he did 360 some phone QSOs!   NA4AR was on Sunday only with
over 100 QSOs on phone.  I heard WA4OAB all over the band (Bob just got
back into ham radio after nearly 30 years since he let his license
lapse!)   I know there were others on from the most densely populated
county in Florida!

Most importantly, none of our names are Chad!

It was fun.   The activity level was awesome!   Awesome scores N4PN (I
don't think anyone has confused us yet -- even though both of our names
are Paul and his call has one less dah at the end than mine!)  Luckily
FRA and PIN are nothing like each other.   I can't wait to see what the
mobile scores look like as well as the Florida beacon K4XS (and I heard
Bill's alter-ego WK4R on too...)

Again thanks to all who made FQP possible and don't forget FQP 2003 is
only 364 days away (sorry 'OJ... Couldn't resist!)

73
Paul
N4PK

Paul E. Knupke, Jr.