[3830] MiQP W1NN Mobile LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] MiQP W1NN Mobile LP
From: hal@japancorporateresearch.com (hal@japancorporateresearch.com)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 08:26:33 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:    0      0
   40:  276    104
   20:  119     53
   15:    2      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  495    157  CW Mults = 61  Ph Mults = 57  Total Score = 135,346

Club:

Comments:

This is so late because I copied on paper and had to manually enter the log.
What a job.  But I just can't see logging on computer while driving, whereas
logging on paper is not too hard.
This was a solo operation in a rental car, and getting set up was a pretty big
job.  Fortunately, I had a great place to work in K8CC's driveway on Friday
afternoon.  I thought I was ready for Saturday but I had problems with my 40
meter antenna and fixing this cost me a lot of time.  I had only 78 Q's during
the first two hours.  I also missed a turn in SHIA and found myself in GENE, way
off of my scheduled route.  Going back would have meant spending too much time
in SHIA, so I had to alter my scheduled route and had to drive most of the last
three hours.  This actually worked out fairly well and I was able to hit three
counties in my last hour for 92 contacts, which made up a little bit for the
lousy first hours.

There are 15 minutes unaccounted for between my first and second counties, so it
appears that I may have lost a logsheet.  Another problem with logging on
paper.

Someday I'll get my act together and hit 750 contacts in a solo operation in
this event, but the K8MR team raised the bar so high this year that it now seems
nearly impossible for a solo op to win against the two-man teams.  Still, it's
fun trying.

Congrats to all the mobiles and thanks to the MRRC for sponsoring a great
contest event! See you all in Ohio in August.

73,

Hal W1NN