[3830] WPX CW WK4R(N2NL) SOSB40 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WK4R(N2NL) SOSB40 HP
From: n2nl@yahoo.com (n2nl@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 17:01:05 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WK4R
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  561
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Single band Stealth effort

Thanks to Bill K4XS for use of the call....

561 QSOs, 363 prefixes, 812,757 claimed score.

FT1000MP/LA-1000 amp (400w), stealth 40m vertical.

Part time effort of about 8 hours from home.  I live
in a NO ANTENNA CC&R QTH with lots of nosy neigbors
and a housing committee made of dictator wanna-be's -
these guys are rediculous.  Last week they made me
take down a string of white xmas lights I used on my
private screened in patio which we used at night when
relaxing in the pool.  They said they were a nuisance
to the community.

If they only knew

http://www.n2nl.net/VERTICAL.HTM shows my 40m stealth
vertical.  The antenna really plays; I worked several
UA9's early and had some good DX call in such as
A61AJ, A92ZE, ZS0E, CN2, ETC.  I got alot of personal
satisfaction when I was able to hold 7007 for a couple
hours Friday night.  KM4M (K4JA) tried stealing my
frequency once (he sent QRL a couple times but apparently
didn't hear my "YES") but I continued to work EU through
his full size yagi stack and he eventually moved down
a little.  Pretty cool for a stealth antenna :)

73, Dave N2NL