[3830] WPX CW TI5N(@TI5KD) M/M QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW TI5N(@TI5KD) M/M QRP
From: wparker2@san.rr.com (wparker2@san.rr.com)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:29:23 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: TI5N
Operator(s): CX6VM, N0KE, W1XE/0, W8QZA/6
Station: TI5KD

Class: M/M QRP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    0
   80:   27
   40:  356
   20: 1198
   15:  868
   10:  724
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Many thanks to Keko, TI5KD, for hosting our first QRP multi-operator
multi-transmitter effort. It may be the first time ever for a serious
multi-multi QRP effort to our knowledge.

    We were quite pleased with the results, especially with the disruptions
from the solar activity. We were able to have up to four stations on the air
at one time with a minimum of station to station interference. QRP really
helped here!

    We averaged 66 QSOs/hour and the best hour was the first with 193. We
had 5 "100 plus" hours. At midnight to 3am local on Saturday night 10m
suprised us with quite strong signals from 9A, S5, OD5, 4X, 9H, P3, ZC4,
A61, HZ, 9K, JY and VU. Unfortunately we had already worked several of these
stations but is was nice to get some rare mults with QRP!

    Some other highlights for us was working A61AJ on 40 thru 10m, YI9OM on
20 and 15, SM5CEU, RV2FV and WL7E on 80 (these guys deserve some type of
special award), VU on 10 and 15, HZ1 (not AB) calling us on 15 and 10.

    Thanks to all who had to strain their ears and take the extra time to
dig us out.

    Rigs:

2- TS940S, TS690V, Icom 706MKIIG

2-WX0B stackmatches, ICE filters.

Computers: 4 laptops CT 9.62 with W1XE networking box (beta version)

Antennas:

160m Inv V

80m full wave vertical loop

2 el 40m wire quad, 2 el 40 yagi

3 el 20 quad, 3 el 15 quad, 4 el 10 quad

KT34XA

TA33 fixed SA

4 el 20 and 5 el 15 fixed NA.