[3830] WPX CW CS8W M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW CS8W M/S
From: t.wellnitz@gmx.de (Tobias Wellnitz)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 20:21:34 +0200
Hello,

...beside AL7NJ, another motorhome trip of the
Bavarian Contest Club :-)

We had very bad conditions on 10m to the USA. We
worked only a few US stations. Even our good
location near the sea wasn't enough to
break the barrier. On sunday morning we had
a nice opening on 10m to JA. But also on 15m
and 20m we were missing all those 100W & Dipole
guys from W0, W9, W7...

At least we worked too much EU stations. That's
why our Points/QSO ratio is that low. During the
last 12 hours there were not much more stations
to work. Our rate droped down sometimes under
50 QSOs/h.

Running the multiplier station at the end of the
second day, became so boring that I started to give out
the CT(0)/DH1TW Multiplier to some friends :-)

Exept of our main antenne, a TH6, everything else
did well. We put the TH6 on the highest tower
(12m) and gave him one of our two rotators, but
we never could use that antenna due to surface leakage
on one isolator or a trap :-(

The whole operation was done in fieldday style.
We had 3 days to errect everything and 1 to
take everything down.

Our equipment was:

-TH6 12m high - never worked
-5el 10m Monobander fix to USA lying on the roof of the
hotel and fed with 100m Coax (never worked well)
-5el 15m Monobander 7m AGL turnable by hand
-A3S on a 5m Mast turnable on the roof of the hotel
-LP5 (5el Logperiodic) on a 5m Mast fix to EU
-HV9V Butternut
-2el Vertikal Array for 40m fix to USA/EU
-V80 for 80m

Inside the shack we used 2x TS850 and 1x IC736.
Main and Multistation had only 800W output at
any time.

It was very amaising to see the DX-Spots in the
DX-Cluster. Not only the 6Y2A (BY2A - hi) Crew
had their problem with Dupes.
Finally we also had more than 150 Dupes in our
log.

The Highlights have been:

N8NM      14050.0 CH8W                                      0100 26 May
DL3BCU    21033.4 YI8W                                      0857 26 May

Here is our unchecked score:

CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 2002

       Call:      CS8W
       Category:  Multi Single
       Power:     High Power
       Band:      All Band
       Mode:      CW
       Country:   Portugal

       BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

       160        0        0   0.0        0
        80       73      198   2.7       18
        40      734     2440   3.3      188
        20     1234     2232   1.8      345
        15     1759     2939   1.7      352
        10      710     1180   1.7      113

      Totals   4510     8989   2.0     1016  =   9,132,824

Operator List: DH1TW, DL1MGB, DL3DXX, DL8WPX

Equipment Description:
see above

Club Affiliation: Bavarian Contest Club

                              Signature __Tobias_Wellnitz____________