[3830] ARRL June VHF K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP
From: tree@kkn.net (tree@kkn.net)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 21:09:56 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  452   153  Total Score = 80,325

Club: Boring Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Mostly a mud wrestle, but a nice opening on six during the last hour allowed me
to beat last year's score.  Never worked Texas.  Best moment was working VY1JA
at the start of the contest for his only QSO.  Most frustrating moment was
hearing W5NM have a nice CW ragchew with K7CW, while there were no other signals
on the band.

No Europe this year on six, but was told that the K7RAT 432 beacon was heard
down in DM32 on Saturday...  not bad for about 700 mw and a horizontal loop!!
We had some thunderstorms around that time, so maybe that had something to do
with it.

Radios: TS850 with DEMI transverter - Teletec brick - 2 x 3-500Z on six.
        FT736R on 2/222/432, with Tempo 2002 on 2 and bricks on 222/432.

Antennas: Six meters, 7 el @ 45', 6 el @74', 5/5 at 30/15 feet.
          Two meters, 5WL boom at 60', 14 el cross polarized at 50 feet.
          222 - 7 ele at 50 feet.
          432 - 22 ele at 55 feet with tower mounted preamp.

Thanks for all of the QSOs, the rovers who braved the bad WX and my family for
letting me play radio all weeekend.

73 Tree N6TR