[3830] RSGB Jubilee N3GXY SOSSB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RSGB Jubilee N3GXY SOSSB QRP
From: jgilly@ptd.net (jgilly@ptd.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:04:08 -0700
                    RSGB Jubilee Contest

Call: N3GXY
Operator(s): N3GXY
Station: N3GXY

Class: SOSSB QRP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

   80:   0     0
   40:   0     0
   20:  12     3
   15:  11     1
   10:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  23     4  Total Score = 460

Club:

Comments:

I really wanted to work this contest, but familial obligations limited my
participation.  They also prevented me from attending an FRC meeting which I
also really wanted to attend.

I got the station set-up the night before, and had a good run of Russian
stations including RA3RCL, UX3HX, UA4LU, and EU7SA on 15m and RA3RCL again on
17m.  I thought this would bode well for the contest the next morning.

When I did start operating at 6:00 am the next morning, I expected to find
Europe booming in on 10m.  Unfortunately, I found a dead band.  A check of 15m
and 20m yielded the same - very little activity.  I managed to work only three
stations in that first hour.

I operated on-and-off for the entire contest.  Ten meters never did open up,
which was sad because Ten is the bread-and-butter for small stations like mine.
I slugged it out and managed a few contacts here and there.  I was upset that I
missed P3F on 15m on Saturday afternoon - that would have been another
multiplier.  It turns out that 20m on Saturday evening was my best band.

Oh well, it was fun anyway.  I pray that conditions are better for the IARU in
July.