[3830] RAC Day VE5RI M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE5RI M/M HP
From: ve5fn@rac.ca (ve5fn@rac.ca)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:06:23 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE5RI
Operator(s): VE5CJR VE5CMA VE5FN VE5WI VA6ZZZ VE6EZ VE6NAP VE6SV ZL1JG MASON
Station: VE5RI

Class: M/M HP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   10       5      3         3
   80:   35      48      7         5
   40:  145      72     10         9
   20:  276    1025     10        11
   15:   58      54      8         7
   10:    1       1      1         1
    6:    1       2      1         2
    2:    1       7      1         2
Total:  527    1214     41        40  Total Score = 818,424

Club:

Comments:

Condx were blotto on 10, only managed two QSOs with our constant exchange
partners at 6JY, where we also collected our usual 6 and 2 meter mults. 15 was
very disappointing with only brief openings. 20, as is evident, was the big
paydirt band. 40 was quite rewarding, and 80 and 160 gave us a few mults and
QSOs with a few bursts of frantic activity on 80.

The group turned out to be very compatible with some fascinating discussions and
jokes as off-duty ops had lots of time to socialize. Thanks to our  guest ops,
Gord, VE6SV and Gerry, VE6NAP and especially to Ron, ZL1JG, who has joined the
AB/SK contest scene with great enthusiasm while on an extended visit to the
Lloydminster area with his in-laws. He was at VE6JY for the WPX CW and at VE5RI
for this one.