[3830] IARU Apology for QRM to OA4O from VE7FO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU Apology for QRM to OA4O from VE7FO
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 17:22:21 -0700
After trying to work OA4O on 40 CW with no luck I decided to move up the
band a little and call CQ.  To my horror I found I was actually CQing
right on OA4O's frequency.  Please accept my apologies for any QRM I may
have caused you while you were trying to work him.  I sent him a note of
apology which I have copied below which explains what happened.

So, no, I wasn't deliberately QRMing him and you out of spite because I
couldn't get through.

I know 3830 isn't a discussion list but don't know any other way to get
this apology out.

73 de Jim (the lid) Smith    VE7FO

++++++++++++++++++

Hello,

During IARU at about 1000Z I heard OA4O on 40 cw.  I called a few times
but you didn't hear me.  I moved up a few kHz to call CQ on VFO A while
listening to you on VFO B.  After CQing for a few minutes I realized I
was transmitting on VFO B which means I was CQing on your frequency.
This was not intentional and I stopped as soon as I realized what was
happening.  Please accept my apologies for any problems my poor
operating may have caused you.

I was pleased to work you later on.

73 and I hope you did well.

de Jim Smith    VE7FO