[3830] IARU VE7RAC(@VE7UF) M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU VE7RAC(@VE7UF) M/S HP
From: ve7uf@shaw.ca (ve7uf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:33:08 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE7RAC
Operator(s): VE7NS -VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Courtenay, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:    43           10
   40:   320           29
   20:   474   300     78
   15:   537   114     54
   10:     8            5
---------------------------
Total:  1382   414    176  Total Score = 1,119,008

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

I had only 6 days notice of being chosen to be the RAC rep before this contest.
I suspect it was by defult.  I found only one other operator.  Ron, ve7ns,
operated ssb & I, ve7uf, operated cw.  My station's antennas are set up for cw
so Ron was restricted to lower power on ssb.  Therefore the ssb station got to
use the stack of 3 th6 antennas on the new 150 foot rotatable tower most of the
time.  I used the stack CQing on 20M toward EU for a while on Saturday evening
(local time).  There were many calling and I was very slow digging them out.
Murphy attacked Ron's mike cord and his computer by intermittently locking it
up. Otherwise Murphy stayed away.  The conditions were better than I expected on
15M, except that most EU signals were in the s5 range.  Good Asian activity on
15M was the best surprise.  We had fun in the contest and it will stay in our
memories.  Our thanks to all that called.
Duane Sandmeyer, VE7UF