[3830] IARU K7NV SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU K7NV SO CW HP
From: k7nv@contesting.com (k7nv@contesting.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:17:20 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:    11    0       5
   80:    26    0      10
   40:   222    0      28
   20:   568    0      63
   15:   383    0      53
   10:    38    0      18
---------------------------
Total:  1248    0     177  Total Score = 838,803

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Realized I could get in this one late Friday afternoon. Checked the stuff out
Friday nite, the TH7 missing 1/2 a DE loaded up ok, got a little sleep.
Sat. morning was pretty slow sledding after the high bands opened. At 20:00 the
first of 4 giant thunderstorm cells rolled thru the valley. I was able to work
some stuff thru the first 3, but the fourth one shut the joint down and took out
the power. For almost an hour at 23:00 we had a lightning strike every 15
seconds, saw one hit a block away. Torrential rain and hail, fun stuff! No
damage here. I tried to take a nap, but that didn't work too well either. At
00:15 the power came back on.
Good 20m activity at night, where I worked all the OJ's in my log. 2 stations
were pretty weak compared to the others, the rest were fairly equal. 15m sounded
very good into N EU late but couldn't get much activity out of it. No real JA
runs on any band.

This has alway been a fun contest, long or short format, thanks for the q's.

73, Kurt