[3830] IARU VY2SS(K6LA) SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU VY2SS(K6LA) SO Mixed HP
From: kwidelitz@gtemail.net (kwidelitz@gtemail.net)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:52:03 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VY2SS
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2SS

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    13      0     7
   80:    86      1    14
   40:   421    218    42
   20:   718    559    59
   15:   675    392    54
   10:     1      0     1
---------------------------
Total:  1914   1020   177  Total Score = 2,212,677

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had the usual problems getting set up. Started with Writelog off 4 hours.
Entered a bunch of QSOs on the wrong band. Something was wrong with 10 meters. I
could hear stations but couldn't work them. I made the mistake of going for rate
almost exclusively and missed easy mults. Also need to learn more about
propagation from PEI.

Didn't concentrate on WRTC stations but worked 62, most calling me, many on 40
CW. I made a note OJ6E was LOUD on 40. Everyone else about the same.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Thanks again to Robby VY2SS for his hospitality.

73, Ken, K6LA