[3830] Rus RTTY PA5AT SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Rus RTTY PA5AT SOAB LP
From: pa5at@planet.nl (pa5at@planet.nl)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 00:11:08 -0700
                    Russian RTTY WW Contest

Call: PA5AT
Operator(s): PA5AT
Station: PA5AT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Hoofddorp
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   80:   22   115    18
   40:   87   490    43
   20:  139   905    58
   15:   41   325    27
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  289  1835    27  Total Score = 267,910

Club:

Comments:

Lots of fun - running Iota and RU WW at the same time, switching from contest
when the rate starts dropping...
10m is dead here - no beam antenna makes the high bands anyway very very
difficult here, running 100wtts barefoot...
15m signals weak also, but surely at our clubstation PI4COM, it would be
20...30dB stronger, hi !
20m was the band to be, as usual in RTTY contests
40m was nice on the last evening - incredible to work VE9DX very very early at
22:56 UTC... his 50wtts with vertical doing an amazing job !!!
YB0AI was loud on 40m as well !
80m - unfortunately the activity was low. Difficult to make skeds for me, as I
have too weak signal on the high bands... Tried to look as often as possible,
whether I could hear some DX... but this time without success...

No zone 3 station came through, except AC7VF with weak fluttering 20m signal
here on my simple L-antenna (11m vertical plus 15m orizontal wire with 40
radials)... how he could manage to copy my signal in the first try ???
Especially some US-stations I found must have really excellent RX-equipment, as
I could work them, even I could barely here them on my side... With my 100wtts
and a wire ant, I must have been even weaker on their side...

I did not partissipate in the first night. Also I fell to sleep the second night
from 02:00Uutc... but it's hobby, isn;t it... nevertheless lot's of fun and a
reasonable score for my simple conditions here at extremely dense home QTH close
to Amsterdam...

73's de PA5AT, OP Ulli
member of PI4COM contest group

Thanks to all who gave me a call !
Also nice to catch TY9F on 15m very suddenly...