[3830] IOTA DF0RI Multi-Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IOTA DF0RI Multi-Op HP
From: dk3dm@gmx.de (dk3dm@gmx.de)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 00:09:20 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: DF0RI
Operator(s): DL8OBQ, DK3DM
Station: DF0RI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Warstein
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   90       29      42       23
   40:  112       34      61       26
   20:  293       59     255       74
   15:  142       28     185       59
   10:   33       15      38       25
Total:  670      165     581      207  Total Score = 3,561,156

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hi to all contesters !

We want to thank everyone for the QSOs.CONDX not very good.Only some JA stations
in the log ;-(
We had big problems with receiving. We wounder all the contest about the very
high QRN level (mustly up to S7) we had on all bands (especialy on the low
bands).
We thought it comes from the nearby power line at our contest QTH and thought we
have to live with it. But 0.5 hour before the end of the contest we pulled out
one power supply of one laptop pc (used for PR) and all the high QRN was gone
!!
Sorry to all stations that called us and we couldn´t get....
Think this power supply hurt our score very much. But anyway...
We had fun and will do better again in next contest without this power supply.
Very good activity from IOTA stations and from east EU stations.

Equipment:
run station: TS 850 SAT /Alpha 77DX
mult station:TS 850 SAT /TL 922

antennas: 4ele Yagi for 20 @ 23m
          5ele Yagi for 15 @ 24m
        2x5ele Yagi for 10 @ 17 and 14m
          Dipole for 80/40
          Titanex V160 for 160/80/40

See some pictures at: www.qsl.net/df0ri

thanks to all and see you next weekend in EUHFC with the call DK3DM
(AB/CW/LP).

73 de Uli,DL8OBQ & Heiko,DK3DM