[3830] SARTG AA5AU SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SARTG AA5AU SOAB HP
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (aa5au@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:25:50 -0700
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:   19   190    15
   40:   87  1030    49
   20:  312  3995    88
   15:  223  2850    69
   10:   47   610    29
-------------------------
Total:  688  8675   250  Total Score = 2,168,750

Club:

Comments:

Condx were not the best, but a lot of activity made for a good contest.  10
meters came alive to EU with 30 minutes left in the contest.  Lots of JA's the
first night.  40 was decent with good paths to EU and JA.  Heard VK6HD longpath
on 40 Saturday afternoon but couldn't break the EU pileup.  Thanks to VA3DX,
W9HLY, KH6ND and K4WW for 5 band QSO's.

Highlights were PS7TKS on 80, 5B4/G0LII on 40, CN8KD on 40, ZP5CGL on 40, OA4AHW
on 40, 4W6MM, A45WD, C31BO, EA9IB, FO5PS, VK4UC (4 bands), ZL2AMI (4 bands),
JY9NX.

Lowlights - not hearing FR5GS, missing my personal best of 2000 by only 3255
points.

I knew something was up with 10 meters Sunday when I heard and worked 4Z8EE
before I had heard any EU signals.  Too bad it was at the end of the contest.

It was a lot more fun than I anticipated.  Thanks to everyone, old RTTY friends,
and new ops for all the QSO's!

73, Don AA5AU