[3830] NAQP SSB KC0CZI Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KC0CZI Single Op LP
From: kc0czi@arrl.net (kc0czi@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 13:05:24 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KC0CZI
Operator(s): KC0CZI
Station: KC0CZI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MISSOURI
Operating Time (hrs): 5.75

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     1
   40:  164    42
   20:  115    41
   15:   29    13
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  312    99  Total Score = 30,888

Club:

Team:

Comments:

TS-2000/TS-930S,  40/80 Inv V @ 40', TA-34M @ 50'.  Heil HC-5 set.  WRITELOG!

Ditto 10m dumps.  I was a dufus too... had it in my head this was a 24hr test
and took advantage of some cooler wx to go out a mow the grass right in the
middle. Also checked in to the Mo traffic net and Missouri MARS nets. *fwap*
doh! The popping sound of my head coming out wasn't soon enough to get things
back on track.

10m was absolutely dead.  I tried to change my approach (2nd time in NAQP) and
spent the first half looking solely for as many mults as I could find.  Then
mowed grass, and came back looking for a place to run for awhile.  Started on 20
and did okay.  Kept checking 10 and 15.  Finally jumped to 40 when I found a
nice quiet spot and doubled my Q total in 45min - not to mention the mults.
Never could get around to finding anything interesting on 75.

Thanks to several folks for taking the time to work me on several bands (WA5CHX,
KH6VV, et al.)  Nice to have KP4ES and AL1G on board!  Other than NJ/NY where
was the Northeast?  Also thanks to Rosalie (K1STO) for stopping by and working
me on 40 (nearly twice!) HI HI.

I'm so used to finishing on 20m - even at 01-03z, it WASN'T there last night.
That's the first time I've not been able to find something to do on 20 late.
Only one I got late was a UA.  The rest was dead static.

Will probably end up with a checklog though...still not sure what I'm going to
do with this.  Again VERY PLEASED with Writelog and the new KDS FlatScreen. Felt
like I could have done better had my mind been right from the beginning.