[3830] NAQP SSB W4NF Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W4NF Single Op LP
From: john.omara@oakmgmt.com (john.omara@oakmgmt.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:22:39 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   20    14
   80:   81    30
   40:  247    47
   20:  229    43
   15:   47    14
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  627   150  Total Score = 94,050

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This was the first time trying SO2R and I think I was a little distracted, to
say the least.  I think I got the hang of it towards the end of the contest and
will continue learning the techniques so as never to be bored again on a Sunday
afternoon during SS.  I also made some decisions about my antenna system.  That
is that the fixed NE C3E at 58' does nothing during a domestic contest.  I'll
turn this one west for domestic contests.  Next the A3 at 35' pointing SE
doesn't do anything during a domestic contest.  I'll turn this one SW.  Those
two things should help.  I had a good time with this one and learned a little
about my off-time scheduling also.  I ended up having to take the last hour off
which I don't think is a good strategy.  Thanks for the Qs and I'll see you all
in the Sprints.  73, Jack W4NF