[3830] NAQP SSB K0HM M/2 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K0HM M/2 LP
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (v31ry@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:13:55 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K0HM
Operator(s): AE0Q, KC0KLP
Station: K0HM

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   12     9
   40:   47    21
   20:  176    39
   15:   36    20
   10:
-------------------
Total:  271    89  Total Score = 24,119

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMCC Lizard Head Pass

Comments:

(From AE0Q) Been trying to get Jeremy, a co-worker who got his Tech license last
year, hooked up with a SSB contest so he can see what HF contesting is all
about. We set up at K0HM's station (one radio, DVK, TRlog, tribander and 40m
beam) and gave Jeremy a baptism by fire!

(From KC0KLP)

The contest over the last weekend was my first HF contest.  I have to admit I
had a great time.  At first I was a little set back by the equipment and the
phonetics of the whole thing.  After being pushed by Glenn(AE0Q) and Brad(K0HM),
I was soon S&P'ing (a new acronym for me). I started getting the feel of the
whole thing.  After about 20 or so contacts, I was once again challenged by
Glenn to start CQ'ing (YAA) myself, what a blast!  I struggled for about 20
contacts until I got in the rhythm of things.  And plus every time I tried to
take a breath my faithful friend AE0Q would hit the CQ button on the Voice Keyer
(Thanks Glenn). I would like to thank AE0Q, K0HM, and Merri AB0MV and anyone
that got an interesting reply when I was just starting.

Thanks again,
Jeremy (KC0KLP)