[3830] NA Sprint CW W6JPL(W4EF) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W6JPL(W4EF) HP
From: w4ef@dellroy.com (w4ef@dellroy.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 02:04:01 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W6JPL
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W6VIO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   39
   40:  102
   20:  133
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Radios: Kenwood TS-850S/Ameritron AL-82/TRlog 650
Antennas: 20M    TH7DX - 60'
                40M    2EL Yagi - 70'
                80M    Delta Loop - 60'

Felt a cold coming on this morning so I took a 3 hour nap
before driving over to W6JPL to operate. This seemed to help
for a while, but I started fading into the ozone during the last
two hours. This was my first time doing a contest from over
at the JPL club station, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The
station is mainly used for DXing and participation in NASA
emergency nets, so I had to reconfigure things a bit for
contesting on Friday night. Everything seemed to work okay,
but I kind of missed having SO2R capability.

Multipliers seemed a bit thin. Heard but missed AZ, IA, 6Y5
(he wouldn't work the contest). Also thought I heard MT, KS,
and RI, but I am not sure.

Cu all next time.