[3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY NB1B SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY NB1B SOAB LP
From: nb1b@attbi.com (nb1b@attbi.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:06:59 -0700
                    CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: NB1B

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   10    12       8        3     3
   40:   30    62      13       15    10
   20:   60   156      11       33    14
   15:  180   440      28       51    18
   10:  150   402      13       47    19
Total:  430  1072      73      149    64  Total Score = 306,592

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Did this mostly to learn the software- before the contest, my RTTY QSOs totaled
2, so I thought I'd play for awhile.  Worked a bunch of JAs on 10M- nice to see
the band open again.  This test is exactly 28 days before CQWW SSB and I'll be
part of the VC2C team in zone 2, so if condx repeat themselves we should have a
good time.

One thing that is still strange to me- audbily, one signal often sounds very
much like another, but the software will decode one and not the other.  Some
very weak signals- so weak that they don't even show on the waterfall display-
will be decoded perfectly.  Others are S9 and the software won't decode it.  I
haven't quite figured out why- maybe distortion products or?- but just by
listening to the signal you can't tell why it wouldn't decode.