[3830] CaQP W6CIT(N6AN) Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6CIT(N6AN) Single Op HP
From: n6an@arrl.net (n6an@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:02:48 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6CIT
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0       0
   80:   60      94
   40:  214     157
   20:  198     341
   15:  247     402
   10:  149     394
    6:    0       0
    2:    0       0
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Congratulations to Craig, N6ED, for a super performance.  You sure know how to
get around with that one radio!  I wish I hadn't decided to take my son to his
music class at 9:15 Saturday morning.  As a result my first QSO came 85 minutes
into the contest.  I felt that my 150 to 200 QSO deficit throughout Saturday
might be related to off-time but that was not the case.  Though my CW total is
pretty good, I think I spent too much time there and not enough on SSB.  The
sweep was easy with VY1JA calling in on both modes.  DE, VT, AK, and NV called
in well after the rest, but I worked each mult at least twice.
Since I started late my off time strategy was pretty straightforward.  I got as
much sleep during the night as I could, about 3.5 hours.
Thanks to all who participated for the QSOs and a big thanks for the NCCC's huge
yearly effort to bring us this one.
I'll bet that first hour was a great rate.  Too bad I missed it.

73, David, N6AN@W6CIT