[3830] Oceania SSB ZL6QH M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Oceania SSB ZL6QH M/M HP
From: brianmiller@xtra.co.nz (brianmiller@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 01:54:43 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: ZL6QH
Operator(s): ZL2AMI ZL2AOV ZL1AXG ZL2BBJ ZL2CA ZL2UDF ZL2UO ZL2DZ ZL1AZE
Station: ZL6QH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ZL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    5     4
   80:   42    24
   40:  155   110
   20:  553   286
   15:  557   273
   10:  385   168
-------------------
Total: 1697   865  Total Score = 3,561,205

Club:

Comments:

We operated 3 stations with a CT network. Antennas were Vee beams (300m legs),
Rhombic to Europe, 6 el 10m yagi to USA, 160m longwire (40m AGL at highest
point) and a 160m delta loop.

Conditions on the high bands were well down compared to last year - esp on 10m
where there was no sign of an opening to Europe. The low bands were a little
better but our score is still well down on the 4.6M that we posted last year.

Here is the Continent breakdown for our QSOs. Interesting to note that we had
more QSOs with Asia and Europe than North America. Competition with the
California QSO Party does not help!

North America   22.4%
South America    1.3%
Europe          30.1%
Asia            36.9%
Africa           0.3%
Oceania          9.0%

Anyhow we all enjoyed the contest and hope for better conditions next year.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs! CU in the CW contest next weekend.

73

Brian ZL1AZE
for ZL6QH team