[3830] JARTS GU0SUP Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] JARTS GU0SUP Single Op LP
From: pcooper@guernsey.net (pcooper@guernsey.net)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:27:07 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Guernsey
Operating Time (hrs): abt 20

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   26    57    21
   20:  116   279    55
   15:  130   322    55
   10:  129   348    59
-------------------------
Total:  401  1006   190  Total Score = 191,140

Club:

Comments:

Great contest! But all RTTY contests are!
Well, I had planned a big effort this time, but on Saturday evening, most
signals on 20 were auroral, and weren't hearing me, and on 40, there was just
too much noise. Packed in about 2130 for some sleep, and didn't get up early
enough, so didn't catch as much as I had hoped. Sunday was OK, but competing
with CW for the WAG contest made life more difficult, and ZL7C working split
around 21074 didn't help.
Worked quite a few of you on 4 bands, which was great, (Bob VE6YR - heard you on
40m too!), and generally had a great time.
Worst bit was calling CQ, and the PC locked up, just as BD8SN called me!
Fortunately, he had taken my place, and was calling CQ once I re-booted.
I felt sorry for the 5N station, who was subject to some most unruly behaviour,
as was FS/K7ZUM.

I got all 10 call areas of the US on 10 & 15, and only missed a W6 on 20, which
wasn't bad. Even got VA7XX on 15 & 20.

Thanks to all for the points, and the enjoyment!
Very best 73 de Phil GU0SUP