[3830] CQWW SSB WN3VAW SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WN3VAW SOAB LP
From: wn3vaw@arrl.net (wn3vaw@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:02:08 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WN3VAW
Operator(s): WN3VAW
Station: WN3VAW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Pittsburgh, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:    5     5        3
   40:   25     9       21
   20:   35    14       28
   15:   90    21       52
   10:   90    21       62
------------------------------

Club: Wireless Association of South Hills

Comments:

Limited operating time due to family commitments... but watching my 6 year old
proudly march down the street with her Brownie Troop was worth 100 QSO's easily!
 (and considering the time involved, that's probably about right! <g>)

Also couldn't figure out why Sunday morning, my wife was suddenly complaining
about RFI & TVI problems -- thought those had been solved a long time ago.
Found out at 2300 Z, when the finals in the linear died.  They made sure they
didn't go unnoticed!

Otherwise, had a blast, despite the limited operating time.  Great meeting old
friends again; have to be honest and admit I get a kick when someone (especially
at an unfamiliar DX station) says "hi!" so either they remember me, or their
software is tied in to a callsign database somewhere!

73, ron wn3vaw