[3830] CQWW SSB VE7IN SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE7IN SOAB HP
From: VE7IN-Earl@shaw.ca (VE7IN-Earl@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:58:33 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7IN
Operator(s): VE7IN
Station: VE7IN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): ~27

  160:   29     4        3
   80:   85    11       21
   40:  188    18       35
   20:  401    22       59
   15:  305    29       53
   10:  151    18       36
------------------------------
Total: 1159   102      207  Total Score = 835,536

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

This was a casual effort with spurts of running. I found the bands to be quite
variable here. 10 meters didn't seem to open well here, 15 started slow but seem
to pick up Saturday with some extremely loud signals.
Can't really speak for 20 as I haven't fixed my rotor yet(Sigh! The lure of
finishing a good part of the Ham Shack and not looking at 2 x 6's after 20 years
was too much.)
 Same for 40 as it's above the 20 but sure had a great short run State side from
0830Z to about 0920Z, had the most incredible multi path signals from the East
coast guys, they were real loud but at times hard to get the calls because of
the tremendous echo sound.
 I did a little bit better on 75 than I would have expected for mult's. and I am
sorry for being a alligator on 160 I must get up some listening antennas, seems
I get out OK but I know I don't hear well, again sorry to the guys I couldn't
pull out.

Thanks all for the Q's.

73 Earl VE7IN