[3830] CQWW SSB 9A5E SOSB/40 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 9A5E SOSB/40 HP
From: robert@times.hr (robert@times.hr)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:07:09 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 9A5E
Operator(s): 9A5E
Station: 9A5E

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Zagreb
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:
   80:
   40: 2021    33      115
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2021    33      115  Total Score = 519,776

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Tuesday : SSB interface is tested with program and radio and work fine
Wednesday : Wake up at 4 am and decide to run to location before job and put all
beverages because of bad weather forecast for next two days
Friday : Have obligation to drive kids for swiming training but dad (ham too)
take care about that so I can drive to location and rest before test. (that was
THE plan)

            UNTIL NOW I WAS SINGLE OP
            New category : Two Op : Me and Mr. "M"

            19:30 Z  : connect computer , mic and interface : no sound in
monitor  . suppose that problem is in mic so run to our warehouse for another
one
            20:30 Z  : take spare mic and drink beer for better sleep
            20:45 Z  : back on location test another mic but same problem .
Maybe is Kenwood bad ???
            21:00 Z  : warehouse location . lucky we have spare 950
            21:30 Z  : new 950 and now able to hear voice in monitor but every
two second come some noise. try to solve that
                           but I was to close to 00 and decide to move all on
notebook without voice memory
            22:15 Z : go to bed
            23:30 Z : we both wake up

            Day 1:

            02:00 Z : I am aware off 50 Hz in voice monitor but can't find
source
            03:00 Z : find source . took wrong (read broken) mic + headphone set
. one that I have at begining was OK !
            09:00 Z : again at warehouse . took mic set few beers and found
kenwood voice memory keypad .go back
            09:30 Z : great ! no 50 Hz ! voice memory !
            10:00 Z : try to rotate top beam but stuck on 10 degrees.
(situation   top one at 10,  lower at 330)
            11:00 Z : take nap
            12:00 Z : again in chair (wooden)
            23:50 Z : so tired .take  1:30  time-out ( all other keep running,
where is there fair play ?)

            Day 2:

            01:16 Z: did I missed to much ?
            09:00 Z: another rest period
            11:36 Z: ok,  just 12 hours more (prepare for 25 qso/hour rate)
            23:55 Z :enough . clear position and drive back to home before kids
wake up happy that father is at home

I was not satisfy with condition but again beverage show their addventage lot of
times.
Number of DX was extremly low : W = 520, JA = 85
Lucky to be called from XE, ZD8, XX, XV, KH0, 9V1, VK, ZL, AH2

QSL to :    Robert Orehoci
                Zavrsje 1. odvojak 24
                10090 Zagreb
                Croatia