[3830] CQWW SSB N4TZ/9 SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N4TZ/9 SOAB LP
From: N4TZ@ARRL.NET (N4TZ@ARRL.NET)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:29:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4TZ/9
Operator(s): N4TZ/9
Station: N4TZ/9

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: INDIANA
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   21     4       13
   80:   65    15       36
   40:   99    20       54
   20:  192    29       86
   15:  313    31      101
   10:  540    32      117
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This conditions this weekend were down considerably from
    those last year.  Ten closed 2.5 hours earlier and opened
    an hour later both days than last year.  Those of the
    low power persuation, whose signals flirt with the noise
    level, are going to find it hard to keep up the interest
    when the days of acting like a big gun (running DX) are
    a distant memory.

    The declining conditions caused my score to go up this year.
    Since I was unable to get any runs going, I had no choice
    but to S&P.  As a result, I had 54 more band countries and
    20 more band zones using the same station and the same
    amount of operating time. As a result, my score is up
    almost exactly 10 percent, even with fewer contacts.

    Sunday was better than Saturday, but still not as good
    as last year in terms of 10 meters being a great place
    for a midwestern low power guy to flex his muscles.  Activity
    did not extend as high up the band this year.