[3830] CQWW SSB NS4T SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NS4T SOAB LP
From: knason@emeraldis.com (knason@emeraldis.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:43:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NS4T
Operator(s): NS4T
Station: NS4T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   10     4        6
   80:   46     8       21
   40:   60    14       38
   20:  123    18       56
   15:  208    25       79
   10:  337    25       88
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Had a ball.  Bands were in far better shape than I'd hoped.

Perhaps I should've said I was multi-two since my old friend Murphy stopped by
again. My tribander received just fine Friday night, but Saturday morning I
couldn't get anyone to answer me.  Things looked fine.  Tried this for a few
hours only making a few dozen contacts.  Then I turned the antenna tuner off and
noticed SWR meter almost pegged!  Switched to my horizontal loop and rate
skyrocketed.  That should tell you how bad the beam was.  Prior commitments kept
me from operating Saturday night.  After returning home I crawled up the roof
top tower and found a bad section of coax.  Sunday did much better.

A 1000MP Field makes a much better contest radio than a TS570.  But y'all
probably knew that already.  Even with off time, bad beam all day Saturday, and
inexperience with the 'MP I almost caught up with last years score.

Thanks to all for the contacts.

Kevan Nason
NS4T