[3830] CQWW SSB IG9A SOSB/20 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IG9A SOSB/20 HP
From: fgrisafi@tin.it (fgrisafi@tin.it)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:20:25 +0100
2002
CQ World-Wide DX Contest

CALL: IG9A     MODE:__PHONE__   LOCATION: Lampedusa Island, African Italy.
                                                                .
CLASS: SO20 HP

   QSOs   QSO points   Zones   Countries   Multipliers          Score

20m:         3998      11932      40        162

Totals:      3998      11932      40        162     202     2410264

Station Description: IC765 + HM PA

Antenna(s): 2 * 5 elements OWA Yagis.

Remarks :

Very hard work be4 the contest. It was very hard to erect the tower and
antennas because of local problems.
Many thanks to Angelo I2ADN, Marco IK0YVV and Silvia (IK0YVV's YL) for their
help.
I had to sleep two hours after contest start because had not time to rest
before the contest :-(Grrr!). Slept
3 hours only during all the contest period (from friday morning to the end)...
now I am at home with pain and
health problems (fever and herpes zoster). Need to renew IG9A contest ideas...
we need a "keys on hand" contest
station instead of a "field day" contest site. Result could have been much
better with a "fresh operator", I think
I was not in good shape during sunday afternoon and I apologize with all
those DX that were not receiving an
answer because of my mistakes in switching the right RX antenna. Very good
Writelog software worked well... all the
contest audio is recorded and I hadn't problems with software.
Propagation was very bad on sunday afternoon with some black out periods.
Good long path openings with JAs the
first day. Some good north pole path QSOs and distorted EU openings just
after the black out hours on sunday.

African record beated... world record reachable with better op condx.

See you in the CW Contest !

Fabio, IT9GSF.