[3830] CQWW SSB V47NS M/2 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB V47NS M/2 HP
From: k2dm@att.net (k2dm@att.net)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 05:58:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: V47NS
Operator(s): W9NY (V47NS), V44NK, K3ZM, W4GKA, K2DM
Station: V47NS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Nevis
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   61     6       16
   80:  523    15       67
   40:  887    20       81
   20: 1536    29      117
   15: 2515    31      138
   10: 1794    30      114
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Peter (K3ZM), Glen (W4GKA) and I (K2DM) were planning a multi-single effort from
Nevis, when we learned that Doc (W9NY) was planning to continue his long string
of single-op efforts from only a few hundred feet down the road.  We decided to
throw in together and make a multi-two effort from Doc's location at the Golden
Rock Plantation Inn.  We were fortunate to have Karl (V44NK) join us to round
out the team.  We used Doc's A3 tribander on a 20+ foot mast and a TA33 which I
had modified to fit in a plastic golf travel case.  The TA33 was up about 14
feet.  Relatively low dipoles for 160, 80 and 40 rounded out the antennas.
We had Peter's FT1000MP and Clipperton L amplifier on one station, with Doc's
TS570 and AL811 on the other.  The AL811 gave up the ghost before the contest,
but Karl obtained an L4B for us to use.
The location has a spectacular shot to EU, and we tried to take full advantage
of that.  We had a mountain between us and the states, but that didn't hold us
back too much.
QSL via W9NY.