[3830] SS CW WA4PGM Single Op QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW WA4PGM Single Op QRP
From: wa4pgm@kinex.net (wa4pgm@kinex.net)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 17:59:19 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WA4PGM
Operator(s): KYLE
Station: WA4PGM

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
  160:    0
   80:   85
   40:   53
   20:  161
   15:   71
   10:   58
------------

Club:

Comments:

Wow! Had a great time especially with not planning to operate the contest at
all. The antenna farm is still coming along slow, finally the bulldozer is
finish but rain has delayed work. Saturday before the contest I decided to run a
piece of RG59 CATV coax to the 160m Inverted L and use the tuner to make a few
contacts. In the first hour I was hooked! The antenna was working a lot better
than I hoped, but all good things came to a end when I was called out to work
just before midnight, after driving 100 miles and getting home after 4AM I was
exhausted. Got some good sleep but just couldn't get things rolling again,
finally calling it quits with 4 good hours remaining. I wanted to operate but
the eyes and brain said "no, get some sleep". Conditions seemed to be very good,
I missed KL7, SFL, & NL. Heard SFL but couldn't hook up with a contact. Took
almost a hour to VY1JA, 77 mults was more than I dreamed to work with the L and
tuner. Thanks everyone for the contacts and good luck.

Super effort by W5WMU, you da man!