[3830] SS CW K6TA(@N6BV) Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6TA(@N6BV) Single Op HP
From: n6bv@arrl.org (n6bv@arrl.org)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 06:49:35 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6TA
Operator(s): DEAN
Station: N6BV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SV
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   58
   40:  237
   20:  269
   15:  366
   10:  293
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment Description: FT-1000MP (2), Alpha 87/92
Antennas: 6L10 @ 30'
          5L15 @ 55'
          4L20 @ 70'
          2L40 @ 70'
          1L80 @ 80'

   Thanks to Ken, K6TA, and Kay, K6KO, for their wonderful hospitality.
They are truly excellent hosts, with a great station and a truly magnificent
view of the Sierras.
   Ken and I struggled for hours up until start of contest with a weird
RFI problem on 15 m. It seems that hitting "ESC" key in CT locked up the
keyline with rf and the only way to unlock things was to turn output power
down to about 100 W. Ditto with trying to send CW using the external keyer.
   Really strange part is that TRLog would work fine under same
conditions, but I don't know how to operate TRLog. So, I apologize
to the many folks who endured a carrier from me until I could turn
down the power enough to unlock the radio... This didn't help the
rate too much, but it also isn't a good enough excuse for my low
score!
   Conditions seemed down from last year, and the band noise seemed
unusually high on 10 and 15 meters when beams were turned towards
the east coast. I'll have to try to redeem myself on SSB!