[3830] CQWW SSB Z39Z(Z32AF) SOSB/80 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB Z39Z(Z32AF) SOSB/80 HP
From: z32af@contesting.info (z32af@contesting.info)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 17:15:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: Z39Z
Operator(s): Z32AF
Station: Z39Z

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  951    18       85
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

It's very hard to work on 80 mtrs. SSB with FT-101E (no SSB filters and voice
machine). The main problem is because this transceiver has no second vfo and
that was the reason because I lost many qso's with USA and Japan. I had luck to
catch 3799 two times during the contest and that improved my score a little bit.
I heard quite strong YB0A, ZL6QH, JT1CO, several Caribean stations, W6/7 etc.
This effort was from our new location which we started to build recently. This
time we worked 3 singles (Z33AA on 14 MHz. and Z32RS on 7 MHz.) from there in
field day style.
Equipment: FT-101 E, Amplifier with 2 X 813 around 800 W, Antenna Delta loop
(highest point 16 m. above the ground).

HIGHLIGHTS: Tower was up in 2 minutes and down in about 30 sec. Impressive isn't
it.