[3830] WAE RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP
From: nasfred@1bigred.com (nasfred@1bigred.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:26:10 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   39    39     0    64
   40:  224   224   200   186
   20:  208   208   180   142
   15:  259   259   320   136
   10:  343   343   696   142
-------------------------------
Total: 1073  1073  1396   670  Total Score = 1,654,230

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Antenna(s): TH7DX @ 125 ft; TH6DXX @ 65 ft (fixed on Europe)
                S402 @ 135 ft; 80 meter Inverted V @ 120 ft
Remarks: Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me.  Appreciate all the
contacts and QTCs.  Also, thanks to the contest committee.
Activity was good and the bands were cooperative.  Eighty meters was noisy on
Saturday night (local time) caused by storms in the Midwest USA.
Couple of equipment problems were experienced.  One occurred in the first hour
as the power out and the drive from the radio to amp. was not as usual.  Found
the soundcard output plug had moved out slightly (probably kicked out by the
opr. - need smaller shoes or maybe operate only in my socks) and not making good
contact.  Apologies go to all who I tried to work in the first hour as the
signal must have sounded awful.  That was the only hardware problem.
A software problem occurred in RITTY late Sat. (local time).  The RITTY tuning
indicator was not tracking the received signal.  Also, the cursor would not
activate the RITTY bandwidth.  Had to restart the computer to get it working.

Again, thanks to the folks who participated and to the contest committee.  Look
for you in the next one.