[3830] CQWW SSB W6UE M/2 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6UE M/2 HP
From: n6an@arrl.net (n6an@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:07:33 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6UE
Operator(s): AD6AJ, KA6SAR, KC0MZL, N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:   14     4        3
   80:   39    11       23
   40:  204    30       74
   20:  236    32       86
   15:  846    34       98
   10:  784    30       97
------------------------------

Club: CALTECH ARC

Comments:

Give a warm welcome to Andy, KC0MZL, a freshman at Caltech this year.  He just
got his general last summer and is interested in learning more about contests!
Also our resident JA expert Yohei, AD6AJ, whom I enjoyed hearing run them in his
native tongue.  He is on campus doing post-graduate work.
As usual Mike, KA6SAR was our "main man" managing to put in more hours than
anyone else.  I did was able to operate both evenings and stuck with it all
night on Saturday.
Conditions were disappointing on 40 where we were hard pressed to work Europe.
We found one VU2 but couldn't get through for zone 22.  Zone 34 was never heard,
and we didn't break the 5Z pileup for zone 37..
Multi/2 is a good addition to the competition categories.  Thanks to the CQ
committee for filling the gap between M/S and M/M.  I hope next year we will
have enough operators to keep both radio positions on the air.
Once again a very enjoyable 48 hours spent with dedicated contesters throughout
the world.

73,  David, N6AN