[3830] SS SSB WB0O Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WB0O Single Op HP
From: WB0O@yahoo.com (WB0O@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:47:18 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WB0O
Operator(s): WB0O
Station: WB0O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: N DAKOTA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:   91
   40:  345
   20:  454
   15: 1157
   10:   36
------------

Club:

Comments:

1)I must apologize for my bad audio! This was going to be my first SO2R SSB
  contest. Since I don't usually operate SSB ever (except 2 sprints and SS),
  I cut apart the mic cords and relatively hardwired the mic, W2IHY keyer,
  and WX0B SO2R box together. I didn't do much on-air testing, and I had RF
  in the voice keyer. I tore it all apart after the first few bad reports, but
  the problem wouldn't go away. Never did make any 2nd radio Q's. I've got
  some work to do!
2)I started on 15M and had 330 Q's in the first 2 hours. 15M was open long
  and short, literally the WHOLE US open at once! Never had a reason to go to
  10M.
3)I went to 75M at 0630Z, worked my ND mult, then VO1MP. Then lo and behold,
  VY1JA answered a 75M CQ for the sweep! He was 59+20, louder than I have ever
  heard him on any band. If I didn't know what Jay sounded like, I would have
  thought someone was pulling my leg.
4)I don't like SSB contests, but every time I have a guest op here for the
  SSB SS (NA0N, VE4XT, VE5MX), they seem to be having so much fun that I want
  to do the test the following year. It wasn't that much fun. I have given up
  DX contests, so with no CQWWCW it's good I did both SS's so I will have
  contesting out of my system until NAQPCW in January. Rumors of a N DAKOTA
  team abound.

73, Bill WB0O in North Dakota