[3830] SS SSB N8MR Multi-Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N8MR Multi-Op LP
From: n8mr@hotmail.com (n8mr@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:50:54 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N8MR
Operator(s): N8MR, KC8NAH
Station: N8MR

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 8.4

------------
  160:
   80:   98
   40:   35
   20:   56
   15:   16
   10:   15
------------

Club: Motor City Radio Club

Comments:

Had limited hours due to school work. It seemed as though there were fewer
people participating in SS SSB this year than in other years, but maybe this was
on account of my abbreviated schedule this year.

How come could S&P stations all day, contact them with relative ease, have them
give us great audio reports, then when we call CQ on a relatively clear
frequency, we get one or two responses in 10 minutes and absolutely nothing
afterward? This doesn't happen on SS CW weekend.

I stopped at 0622 UTC Sunday morning because I couldn't speak another syllable.
We didn't start again till 0130 UTC Monday. My wife - KC8NAH - is the reason we
got as many Sections as we did. Hopefully I can get Writelog's soundcard-based
voice keyer to take some of the burden off my throat. Of course, it would have
helped if I had plugged it into the correct port in the back of my radio this
year!