[3830] CQWW CW AA6TT SOSB/160 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AA6TT SOSB/160 HP
From: Bill@AA6TT.com (Bill@AA6TT.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:24:51 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AA6TT
Operator(s): AA6TT
Station: AA6TT

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Topsham VT
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  131    15       44
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Decided to give new 160m Four Square a spin with a SOSB 160m operation.  Hooked
up the new Array Solutions 160m Four Square box on Thursday before the contest.
VERY happy with how my array hears: stations jump in and out of the noise when I
switch directions, typically 4 S-units difference on the stronger stations (the
weaker ones just vanish).  In fact, I seem to receive a lot better than I
transmit.  Many stations whom I copied perfectly CQ'd repeatedly "in my face"
(even through I could hear them fine, I wasn't able to work 9K9X, A61AJ, GI5W,
IR7A, C3A, 3V8BB and a few others) and I regularly got stompted in pileups by
KC1XX, W3LPL & W4MYA.  What's the opposite of an alligator?  I am only using two
elevated radials per vertical and I'm guessing that I am losing a lot of TX
power into the ground.  Conditions to the west and Pacific region were
horrible--I didn't work ANY zone 1, 3, or 6 stations, which should have been
easy, and didn't work KH6, ZL or any other Pacific stations.  The Array
Solutions Four Square box is awesome, I'm going to use them on 80m & 40m as
well.