[3830] CQWW CW K4VX(N9JF) SOSB/40 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K4VX(N9JF) SOSB/40 HP
From: jfunk@adams.net (jfunk@adams.net)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:59:36 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K4VX
Operator(s): N9JF
Station: K4VX

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: mo
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:
   40:  991    33      118
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My first 40 meter effort from the K4VX station.  I have a lot to learn about
this band, but it was quite an enjoyable experience.  NS0Z's cooking would make
the weekend worthwhile, and I got to play radio besides!

Amazing number of Zone 35 and Zone 27 stations, good runs of JA's, off-and-on
conditions to EU.  First night was bizarre until about 0530Z, when conditions
began to sound "normal".  All the equipment worked.

Biggest thrills:  BV4YI, *two* S9's, two "JF's", (EI8 and LZ2), lots of watery
Zone 17's and 18's.

Shared the shack with K9BGL (at NS0Z) who made a great effort on 10 meters on a
rough weekend for that band.

It occurs to me that if we were to share with our code students the complexity
of digging out the callsigns of Zone 17 stations over the pole, they were
probably walk out the door and never come back....   Fun, though....

Am I the only one who is disturbed by 9K9X's calling CQ on 6999.2 and
maintaining a pileup?  I didn't need the multiplier *that badly*.

Astestos undies on....

73, Jim N9JF