[3830] CQWW CW MM0BQI SOAB(A) LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW MM0BQI SOAB(A) LP
From: MM0BQI@theRSGB.net (MM0BQI@theRSGB.net)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:46:58 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: MM0BQI
Operator(s): MM0BQI
Station: MM0BQI

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EDINBURGH
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:  104    10       49
   40:  119    14       57
   20:  148    19       65
   15:   75    19       50
   10:   82    17       49
------------------------------

Club: GMDX GROUP

Comments:

FANTASTIC FUN!    Some great QSOs with 2 all time new countries and 13 new ones
on 80m.  Hard going with 50 watts and a wire dipole in the back garden for HF
and an HF2V lashed to a water pipe on the roof with 8 radials.
Antenna plans were for much better and higher dipoles but builders moved in next
door on Friday and when I came home the whole side of the house was covered in
scafolding.  With men working on the roof all weekend I had to settle for the
back garden to reposition the dipoles.
Noisy (electrical)power tools made conditions trying during the day but once the
builders knocked off it was back to the bands full time. Conditions were
variable with lots of noise on LF.
Logging with N1MM Logger was perfect. Great features and functionality all
crammed into a free package!
I noticed many contest stations listening up and working split frequency.  This
is the first time I have really noticed this and I don't like it. They managed
to wipe out large chunks of the band and tough luck to any station using the
frequency a few K/C above them. They were not rare DX stations, maybe the
operators were not up to the job of managing the pile-up and could not cope.
Even listening up with the pile spread over lots of the band they were still not
racking up the Qs of the more experienced ops. If this practice were to spread
the bands could be effectivly wiped out by a handful of high power stations.
Let's outlaw this now before it lessens our contesting enjoyment.
Thanks for all the Qs, hope to work you in the next one!
Jim  MM0BQI