[3830] CQWW CW WB2DVU SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WB2DVU SOAB LP
From: wb2dvu@twcny.rr.com (wb2dvu@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:34:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WB2DVU
Operator(s): WB2DVU
Station: WB2DVU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   11     4        5
   80:   39     9       20
   40:  136    19       65
   20:  118    21       60
   15:  230    21       83
   10:  224    25       90
------------------------------

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Assn.

Comments:

Station: FT-1000MP, DSP-599x, Writelog, TGM miniquads (3-ele MQ-3 @ 30',
temporary 2-ele MQ-1 up 20' and fixed on SA), temporary 40 meter reversing wire
beam NE-SW, temporary 40 meter inverted vee for SA/JA, slopers on 80/160.  All
on a 60' x 120' city lot.  My neighbors think I'm nuts.

Yikes!!!  Wasn't it just last year that low band condx were LOUSY the first
night?  This year was worse from upstate NY.

I decided to try SOAB vs. my usual single band entry.  You folks that regularly
do serious SOAB are fit and tough and have my total respect.  You're real SOABs.
 The bad news is that poor conditions on the first night coupled with my
somewhat limited antennas prevented me from achieving my 1M points goal.  The
coma late in the contest didn't help, either.  The good news is that the
extended hours required of SOABs uncovered a heretofore unknown ergonomic
problem with my station layout; today I can't raise my right arm above my
shoulder.  Back to the drawing board.

Thanks to everyone who dug me out and to the crew at M/S W2FU (great call, also
RDXA) for unknowingly giving me USA on 80-10.  They probably think I'm nuts,
too.

Where do I apply for WAA (Worked All Aruba)?  They must have taken up the entire
North shore.

73 and see you in December, Redd WB2DVU