[3830] CQWW CW K1IR M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1IR M/S HP
From: k1ir@designet.com (k1ir@designet.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 05:16:41 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1IR
Operator(s): K1IR, K1LZ, K1VR, KE1J, KM2P, NR1DX, VE2ZP, W1VE
Station: K1IR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   34    10       33
   80:  475    24       98
   40:  795    34      123
   20:  613    37      140
   15:  782    32      131
   10:  788    29      124
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station preparations paid off big-time this year. For the first time, there was
no need to climb the tower or perform any sort of emergency repair in the middle
of the contest. It was a real pleasure to have the radios, computers and
antennas all working as designed throughout the contest.

That 160m opening was the highlight for me. Our inverted-L project turned out to
be a great investment.

The lowlight for me was also a 160m moment - waking up with my finger fully
depressed on the K1IR button and hearing my callsign going out over and over on
top of the DX station. Better keep this lid off the Gentleman's band!

Congratulations to all! Thanks to my station-building and operating team. Thanks
to my family for putting up with us. And thanks to all the DXpeditioners who add
so much to the fun of the competition.

73,

Jim K1IR