[3830] CQWW CW JY9NX(JM1CAX) SOSB/20 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW JY9NX(JM1CAX) SOSB/20 HP
From: jy9nx@5925.org (jy9nx@5925.org)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:12:00 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: JY9NX
Operator(s): JM1CAX
Station: JY9NX

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 33
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2485    39      128
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The CQWW CW this year was just a disaster.

First of all, it was very hard to secure a day off on
Sunday under the current circumstances surrounding
this region.

The condition at the kick-off was terrible. I was only
able to make a total of just less than 100 QSOs for the
first four hours.

When EU became opening, the power went off suddenly
 just in the middle of good pile-up. It lasted for 2.5
hours. I didn't know when the electricity would go back
on so I was not even able to take a nap. I guess my
500m-away-neighbour JY9QJ was in the same situation.
I would have missed approximately 300 QSOs.

First night, there was almost no opening to juicy
North American running.

On the second morning, I was expecting to make use
of the time I lost on the previous day. At 10 a.m., however,
I received a phone call from my colleague saying that
I have an urgent cable at the office. I had to leave the
shack once again in the good EU pile-up. Lost about
one hour with the possible QSO of about 120-160.

After about one hour since I returned home, I received
a phone call from my wife in town saying she was involved in
the traffic accident. I left the shack with no hope to
beat SOSB 20m Asian record that I was initially aiming for.
She was fine but I had to fight against the other driver
at the police station and her little Peugeot was hospitalized.
Lost about 2 hours+ and missed approximately 200-250 QSOs.

The night condition on Sunday was not as I expected. Any
Caribbean multipliers were not so strong and USA/EU
wall was too high to compete with.

After all, I was not able to replace the existing Asian
record which, I believe, I would definitely have been able to.

But all in all the contest was fun. I hesitate to say this
as I am saying it every year; my last CQWW CW from JY
was a memorable one. Let's hope that the political situation
would remain stable enough to allow me operating ARRL 10m.

QSL via JH7FQK.

73 de Koji JY9NX \(^o^)/~
1/2 of S514U/WRTC2000, OJ4S/WRTC2002