[3830] CQWW CW W4AN(K4BAI) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W4AN(K4BAI) SOAB HP
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (k4bai@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:28:55 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4AN
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: W4AN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   22     9       16
   80:  101    16       52
   40:  877    29      105
   20:  275    32       99
   15:  745    32      110
   10:  679    26      102
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

20 meters was a disaster in this contest.  It was seldom open to Europe.  There
There were some very good DX stations with good signals (HS0ZDZ, 9M2TO),
but it was almost impossible to run Europe from here.  The only good open-
ings to Europe were at our sunrise each morning for a couple of hours.
Then the absorption took over and the band didn't come back in the after-
noon as it usually does.  I could only S&P the few European signals coming
through before the band closed to Europe.  We had no nighttime propagation
unless you count very weak signals from the strongest Europeans (e.g.
DF0HQ), but these stations couldn't hear me calling them then.  The
numbers make it look like there was some station problem with 20 meters,