[3830] CQWW CW SO2R(SP2FAX) SOSB/80 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW SO2R(SP2FAX) SOSB/80 HP
From: sp2fax@wp.pl (sp2fax@wp.pl)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 04:55:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SO2R
Operator(s): SP2FAX
Station: SP2FAX

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Poland
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:
   80: 1818    31      117
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1818    31      117  Total Score = 446,664

Club: SPDXC

Comments:

Equipment Description: FT1000D, semiautomatic PA , Ant: 4XSqr by ComTek; 5/8
Vertical ; Delta

Comments:

First time 80m SOSB HP in CQWW for me, decision taken few hours
before contest due to poor K and A index, which would make an allband
entry just a waste of time and energy in this part of EU.
Conditions on 3.5 were rather modest both nights, Saturday more favouring NA
Eastcoast (much worse second night) and Sunday gave better signals from US/Can
Westcoast on long path. Couldn't get trough pileups to T88, ZD8 and some others
who didn't devoted much time to work EU on my band.
Very dangerous AC power cut here abt 0000z Sunday , just on the sunset in E/MW
USA. Lucky, after my telephone intervention to supply company, they found some
of their stuff (in the middle of the weekend!)
and after 2 hours I was back on air,but quickly realized now suffering from a
heavy noise, coased by the sparking somewhere in the place of that failure, 2 km
from my home. They finally fixed the problem, but 10 hours after the contest :-)
, so please excuse me everyone who called in last 22 hours of the weekend and I
didn't replied - simply I coudn't hear you - something which very rarely
happening in my qth.

 P.S. I found that many Ops. having difficulties to read my new contest
callsign. But I like it so far. And you?

73, Kaz SP2FAX