[3830] CQWW CW J75A M/2 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW J75A M/2 HP
From: k5kg@arrl.net (k5kg@arrl.net)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:55:23 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: J75A
Operator(s): J75KG/K5KG, J79JRC/W4IX
Station: J75A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Dominica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  188    11       23
   80:  598    17       65
   40: 1566    24       97
   20: 1672    32      117
   15: 2326    32      114
   10: 2415    31      103
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

We had a blast.  After several days of hard work putting up what was essentially
a field day style operation and facing numerous "challenges", the station
finally came together and worked nearly faultlessly for the entire 48 hours.  We
then spent Monday taking it all down and packing it away for the next one!  In
addition to the 8765 contest Qsos, we netted an additional 8600+ Qsos during our
10 day stay.  Not bad for two hackers!

Our host, Lambert, J73LC, produced the J75A callsign literally moments before
the contest.  Special tnx to Jon, W4IX, for last minute equipment assistance.
Recognition must also be given to our local friend, Don-Ford, for climbing
(barefoot) many tall palm trees and hanging pullies, and for fixing some special
island cuisine.  Lambert, also produced his normal miracles, not the least of
which was coming up with an antique A3 and the biggest bamboo pole you have ever
seen!

Here was the station config:
TS-890, AL-572
FT-570S, Acom 1000
160m - Inv L
80m - Full wave loop
40m - Full wave loop
C3 @ 20 ft.
A3 @ 30 ft. (bamboo)
Beverage to the NE (Ask John about fighting off the giant lizards in the
jungle!)

QSLs for J75A and J75KG via KU9C.
QSLs for J79JRC via W4IX.

73, George & John