[3830] CQWW CW K5GN(@W5KU) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5GN(@W5KU) SOAB HP
From: mccarty@hal-pc.org (mccarty@hal-pc.org)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:54:59 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: S. Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   25    11       19
   80:  119    19       53
   40:  692    34      101
   20:  353    36      107
   15:  564    35      109
   10:  791    32      113
------------------------------

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Had a great time in this year's running.  Condx were unusual, especially on 20,
where openings to the population centers in Europe and Japan were really punk.
Very pleased to make DXCC on four bands this time--first time ever!  I still
think there are a lot more Q's to be had out of the station, but this lid
couldn't do it this year.  Hit the wall at 0515 and tried to take a power nap.
Woke up nearly five hours later.  I remember turning the alarm on, walking
around the room and checking it a second time.  Apparently I was roused enough
to turn it off at the desired time, but never woke up.  Arggh.  Didn't have two
alarm clocks this year.  Oops.

Great scores from all over, especially N5AW, N9RV, and KT1V.

GN